Sunday, October 04, 2009

So much has happened already

I found out on Friday that RH's mom died. She is one of my best friend's from college. I am saddened. Her mom had a hard life, and I'm glad she's no longer suffering. Rest in peace GH. Then, I found out another friend's father passed away. Again he's no longer suffering. Death can be your worst enemy and an unlikely friend.

Went hiking yesterday. Hopefully, I'll keep it up this time. Went with MY DANGSHIN (yes! We're still together!), and the M&M's, good friends of ours who's initials are both MM. Started the day with a yummy pumpkin pancake from The Griddle. (Note to self: take pics of food to share with my readers). They have the best in town. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Then, headed over to Griffith Park. Motivating mMM (that's for male MM) was tough, but we got him to go with a promise from me--I had to go to Horror Night at Universal. Ugh. I am not a fan of amusement parks, but MY DANGSHIN llllllooooovvvvveeeeessssss them. LOL. So, I suppose that was a good trade since I love hanging out with fMM (yup, female MM).

I am sooooo out of shape. So, hard for me to get a routine going though. My schedule doesn't permit it. If I'm working on a project, then, my personal life ceases to exist. Such is the life in the entertainment biz.

So, as promised, we decided to go to Universal last night. I have to admit I was dreading it. I'm afraid I don't do well in crowds. There were so many people in the lines that we decided to get a bite to eat at the Saddle Ranch. Carafes of drinks and burgers later, we headed back to the ticket lines and were immediately turned away. They were sold out. Hallelujah! I know! I was so bummed! mMM was so disappointed. Sorry, dude. Postponed for 2 weeks! Plenty of time to get out of it, LOL.

Headed over to the movie theater and caught Surrogates instead. Um, yeah. No. Not even worth the film it was shot on. Instead of wasting money on crap like that, I wish they would throw some our way to get our projects off the ground.



Not only was it incredibly predictable, it was poorly directed and equally poorly acted. Seriously, if you never watched this film, you would never miss it. If curiosity takes over, just Netflix it.

After the movie, we went our separate ways. As
MY DANGSHIN and I were walking out, we stopped in the Skechers store. Have any of you tried the new Shape Ups? Tried them on in the store and they are utterly fascinating. Um, they claim to be cellulite busters. Right. I'd like to see that. Honestly, they made some pretty bold claims. Not only does it increase your cardio as you walk, they will make you lose weight and remove cellulite. STFU!

But, as I was walking around the store in them, I did start feeling some muscle burn in my calves! Hmm, I was telling my
MY DANGSHIN it reminds me of The Jerk where Steve Martin's character comes up with that nose thingy for glasses. Started out as a benefit then later revealed to cause crossedeyedness. I'm wondering what the side effects would be later. Like, causing people to develop Popeye like legs. Hahaha. MY DANGSHIN got a pair. I'll just wait to see what happens. Updates to come.

Ok, don't want to burn myself out on blogging. TTYL.

No comments: